Re: Q from emacs dummy

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Q from emacs dummy
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:41:47 -0500

notbob wrote:
I love emacs as a file manager.  Still learning for editing and other
subtleties.  Ran into real bizarre behavior, recently.  In dired mode and
had a new file buffer open.  I tried to close emacs (C-x C-c) and got the
usual "wanna save file" (no), etc, but still would not close emacs.  Only
when I killed the buffer would it close.  How can I force close emacs,
regardless of open buffers?

nb

M-x kill-emacs