Re: Emacs 23.1 -- colored octagon in lower left corner?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1 -- colored octagon in lower left corner?
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:05:35 +0900

"cmr.Pent@gmail.com" <cmr.Pent@gmail.com> writes:
> I think a sort of "modified" indicator might indeed be useful in the
> base vc module, as at least psvn and git-emacs have their
> implementations of it.

There actually is one already:  unmodified-according-to-VC buffers use
"-" as a separator in their VC indicator, and modified buffer have ":"
(e.g., "CVS-1.2" vs. "CVS:1.2").  The tooltip over the VC indicator also
says more explicitly.

[Note that the indicator doesn't change until you save the file.]

-Miles

--
Genealogy, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not
particularly care to trace his own.