Re: ediff

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: ediff
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:43:44 -0400

Sebastien Le Maguer <Sebastien.Le_Maguer@irisa.fr> writes:

    a patch is only a diff file. So, if you know how to generate a diff
    file you know how to generate a patch.

Right?  And I can do

diff -u a/FILENAME b/FILENAME > FILENAME.patch

and get that file. Is that what you mean?  Or can I, as I was trying to
verbalize in my original post, get FILENAME.patch let alone send the
contents of it to an email message using Ediff?

Thank you, for your patience with my effort to verbalize my needs.