Re: shell prompt undesired characters

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: shell prompt undesired characters
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:25:47 +0200

Am 08.04.2009 um 19:00 schrieb Dan Davison:

Where are the strange initial characters above coming from when I run a
bash shell in emacs and how can I fix it?

In ~/.emacs_bash you can set many things for a bash interpreter running *shell* buffer (similarly for sh, csh, tcsh, ksh, ...). The partial ANSI Esc code you gave looks like a reset/set normal of previous colour or effect setting. It might work better when you add:

    (add-hook 'shell-mode-hook (lambda ()
        (ansi-color-for-comint-mode-on)))

--
Greetings