Remapping Viper keys?

From: Elena
Subject: Remapping Viper keys?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:05:46 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone implemented a way to make Viper work seamlessly with a
layout other than Qwerty, for instance Dvorak, without moving the
keys?

I know that you can customize Viper a little, but some keys are hard-
coded. I'd fix the code, but then I'd have to do it again and again as
Viper new versions are released.

I'd really like a command layout resembling the Aoeui editor's one:

http://aoeui.sourceforge.net/

I've toyed with the idea of translating keys when in Viper (command)
mode, but if someone has already worked against this issue...

Thanks