Re: newbie questions: customizing continuation lines and font for Window

From: Byung-Hee HWANG
Subject: Re: newbie questions: customizing continuation lines and font for Windows emacs
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:50:45 +0900

Elias <mikez302@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi. I am trying to learn Emacs. I have GNU Emacs 22.3.1 for Windows,
> and I have some questions.
>
> I noticed that there is a word wrap feature, so that if a line in the
> file won't fit on the screen, the rest of it is displayed on the next
> line. That is nice, but I'm wondering if I can customize it. I want to
> make it so if the line is indented with spaces or tabs, the
> continuations will also appear indented, instead of starting all the
> way on the left side.

Also i'm newbie. Actually i don't know about indenting. However, i
tested the word wrap feature. And it works fine.

;; Text mode and Auto Fill mode
(setq default-major-mode 'text-mode)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'text-mode-hook-identify)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

> Also, I am trying to change the display font. I go to Options and Set
> Font, and pick the font (Lucida Sans Typewriter), then go to Options
> and Save Options, hoping that the font will be saved. However, the
> next time I start emacs, it is set to Courier New for some reason. Is
> there any way to save the font?

This is rich to me.

--
Byung-Hee HWANG, KNU