Re: pull firefox's html engine to emacs

From: W Dan Meyer
Subject: Re: pull firefox's html engine to emacs
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 20:44:25 +0000

Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

> how hard is it to pull Firefox's rendering engine (including css + js)
> and put it under emacs?

hi!

I think that was mentioned on the mailing list.  There is a project
called `Conkeror' (not Konqueror, they're planning to change it
recently) which is completely mouseless (and I mean it, the only reason
I need sometimes to use mouse is to escape from buggy Flash hijacking
focus) browser influenced by Emacs, it works very well (use that in
production). It runs on XULRunner as a separate application, and it is
customisable through JS. It even allows you to play with JS repl (through
mozrepl module, but I haven't tried). That implies that it might be
possible to put it in Emacs someday, all you need is a widget inside
Emacs that would be capable to nest conkeror window, and Emacs lisp can
pull commands to it's repl.

      Dan W