Re: Printing with emacs: Not working

From: DaveLG526
Subject: Re: Printing with emacs: Not working
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:26:39 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 9:31 am, "B. T. Raven" <ni...@nihilo.net> wrote:

> >> But does not necessarily fail, either.  No need to discourage a fellow
> >> Emacs users before they even tried.
>
> > I did not try to discourage. As you know there is a very simple
> > solution: Use the web browser for printing. For details see the page
> > on EmacsWiki I pointed to.
>
> It's certainly much easier to get something out of Emacs and down in
> black and white (color too) using printing through the browser rather
> than through ghost-script. Virtually every w32 user has a browser but
> very many don't have ghost-script installed. I think that I once had the
> latter method working since I have lines similar to rustom's commented
> out in my .emacs. To get printing through Firefox all I had to do was
> download:
>
> hfyview.el
> htmlfontify.el
>
> These are in my emacs/lisp directory but they could probably go in
> emacs/emacs-lisp instead, where the other piece of the puzzle,
> easymenu.el resides.
>
> Then add to .emacs:
>
> (require 'hfyview)
>
> After restarting (or maybe just rereading .emacs) a new item appears in
> the File menu:
>
> Quick Printing (Using Web Browser)
>
> Ed

Well I gave it a try but I must be missing something as a new Item
does not appear in the emacs File menu and no printing occurs.

Here is my .emacs file:

(require 'hfyview)

;;Org-mode settings
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-font-lock-mode 1)

This is the version of emacs I am using now.
This is GNU Emacs 23.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-02-26 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched)

I will keep investigating this. I like the org application in Emacs
too but occasionally need to print.

Thanks..dave