Re: Red text in Emacs 23

From: antonjhohl
Subject: Re: Red text in Emacs 23
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 06:50:23 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 23, 11:16 am, Lennart Borgman <lennart.borg...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:39 AM,  <antonjh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm running Emacs 23.0.60.1 under EmacsW32 for Windows XP. On a lot of
> > buffers, the font face turns to red part-way through the buffer. This
> > can typically be cleared by hitting "page up" or "page down",
> > restoring the normal font colours.
>
> > Is this a feature, or is it likely to be a bug? If the former, how do
> > I disable it? If the latter, do you know if this is an Emacs issue or
> > should I report it to the EmacsW32 people?
>
> Sounds like a problem with nXhtml (which comes with EmacsW32). Can you
> please send an example file?

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure it has anything to do with
nXhtml (tried using nXhtml just now, without any problems). It seems
to affect other modes. For example, if I run "M-x about-emacs" then
the "*About GNU Emacs*" buffer is affected by this. In this case, the
text turns red from "E564" (in "LENNART-69DE564") onwards.

It also affects more unusual, non-standard modes such as twitter.el
and tagged.el, which is what made me wonder if this is due to some
feature to highlight coding that is incompatible with Emacs 23 or
something.

John