dired loading on C-x C-f

From: keethraxx
Subject: dired loading on C-x C-f
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:55:28 -0800 (PST)

I have a problem with a specific installation of emacs (22.1.1 on
SPARC Solaris 9) behaving strangely.

On most other systems if I have a file open in a buffer but changed on
disk (outside of emacs) and press C-x C-f [RET] it tells me that the
file has changed and asks me whether I want to reload it.

However this one opens dired instead. My ~/.emacs file is the same.

I wonder if there is any way to force the "standard" (ie. "prompt to
reload") behavior?