Re: switch-to-EXISTING-buffer

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: switch-to-EXISTING-buffer
Date: 7 Jan 2009 11:21:26 +0100

Hi

Ivan <ivannedr@gmail.com> writes:

> switch-to-buffer will on a unknown buffer create a new buffer. But for
> my use I usually want an existing buffer. It would save me time and
> frustration to make a simple enter try to autocomplete the rest of the
> buffer name.

Just press C-x b type the first few letters and press TAB. Press it
twice to see all possible completions of what you have typed so far.
Otherwise you can use ibuffer (C-x C-b) to get a list of all existing
buffers. Enter them with RET.

This is not quite what you want I guess, and possibly I'm telling you
things you already know. Saving the time pressing TAB is what you want,
right?

Greetings

Sven