keybinding for C-[

From: wlcna
Subject: keybinding for C-[
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 20:23:40 GMT

QUESTION: How to sever the tie b/w C-[ and ESC so I can create a keybinding for C-[?

(Using current version of emacs on win32.)

So I'm aware C-[ is something of a special key equating to ESC of course and presume this is why the following won't work as desired:

(global-set-key (kbd "C-[") 'myFunction) ; doesn't help.
(global-set-key (kbd "ESC") 'myFunction) ; doesn't help either

I'd like to have ESC work "normally" in emacs but C-[ to do my own thing, and I have a good reason for this that I can explain if you like...

Also I heavily use vim and I know there the C-[ and ESC equivalency is exactly the key bindings I want there, just FYI.Q

Any ideas?