Using emacs locally on a remote machine

From: Glen Hunt
Subject: Using emacs locally on a remote machine
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:52:39 -0600

Hello all,

I have a problem which I think may be solved in one of two ways. The issue is that I want to use emacs on a UNIX server where I work, but we don't have it installed and I don't have permission to install it. What I would like to do is either to run emacs on my local machine (Windows XP) and just edit files in the local instance, or copy a compiled (binary) version of emacs to my local directory on the UNIX server and just run it in that directory (instead of installing it). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Glen Hunt