Re: perldb mode and stack traces

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: perldb mode and stack traces
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 23:45:21 +1300

 > I would like to be able to see a stack trace via the perldb emacs
 > front end. Is this possible?

Not with perldb in CVS Emacs.

 > Right now, when I press 'T', the output of the stack trace goes
 > nowhere, as far as I can see..

Yes, if by "goes nowhere" you mean "is printed in the GUD buffer"

 > Is this somehow related to the speed bar (as it stand, it says 'no
 > stack frames'?

No.  That's just used by GUD for M-x gdb (in text command mode, as with Emacs
21).

 >                And, are there different perldb frontends that I can
 > choose from? Is there an integrated tutorial for perldb somewhere I
 > could look at?

There's:

http://search.cpan.org/src/YEWENBIN/Emacs-PDE-0.2.16/lisp/perldb-ui.el

which tries to work with perldb like gdb-ui.el does with gdb in Emacs 22.