Re: Which git front-end in emacs is better?

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Which git front-end in emacs is better?
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:13:23 +0200

Lave <lave.wang.w@gmail.com> writes:

> I have no experience of using VC, I just want a interface for git.
>
> Git.el saids allow user to use full functionality of Git. But I found
> Magit having more. I'll try Magit first.
>
> Thanks you all.

A little OT, but ...

I would be interested in which tutorials people used to learn how best
to use GIT. I've found plenty of examples of how it works, but none of
how to work *with* it. e.g A programmer has 3 main directory hierarchies
he wishes to control. Do all 3 go in one repository? Where does that
repository reside? Local? Remote? Does one need to check in /out etc -
I'm sure its out there but its hard to find beneath all the explanations
tend to concentrate on that which the user doesn't generally care about
such as how git stores "blobs" and how it hashes file names etc.

This is a start but is svn orientated, but any other pointers
appreciated preferably without svn and only using git.

http://www.simplicidade.org/notes/archives/2008/06/how_projects_us.html

,----
`----