Re: Ange-ftp: Getting files with no extension on dumb hosts

From: Eric Klaus
Subject: Re: Ange-ftp: Getting files with no extension on dumb hosts
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:11:03 -0500

Interestingly, I can't get Ange-FTP to correctly open _any_ file from my dumb host. I'm not sure what I was doing differently before, but I can't seem to open any file now.

I suppose that this error message means that I'm going to have to roll my own set of commands for this particularly dumb host? I believe my host is an AS/400; I'm not sure why it seems to have such lackluster ftp support.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:
"Eric Klaus" <etklaus@gmail.com> writes:

> quote mdtm /home/prodjava/start_batch_PostureNote/
> 250 List completed.
> ftp: 91 bytes received in 0.00Seconds 91000.00Kbytes/sec.
> 500 Subcommand MDTM not valid.

I would say this is rather the problem. Ange-FTP does not know how to
handle the error message.

However, in order to compare the behaviour, I'd like to see another
ange-ftp buffer, when opening a file successfully (i.e., a file with a
name extension).

Best regards, Michael.