Re: text properties in tex mode

From: harven
Subject: Re: text properties in tex mode
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 19:57:52 +0200

Kostas Oikonomou <k.oikonomou@att.net> writes:

> Harven,

> I have indeed disabled font-lock mode everywhere by
>
> (global-font-lock-mode -1)
>
> in my init.el file.  I don't mind losing font-lock coloring in my
> Latex buffer.
> But when I then do Edit -> Text Properties -> Background color, I get
> the error I posted.
> Are you saying above that this should not be happening?

If I disable font-lock-mode, I get back the yellow face in the
Background color menu, and it works. Do you get the error when you
click on the Background color button ? Does it give you the menu with
entries yellow/other ?

Maybe you can try to redefine the yellow face in TeX mode, by putting
in your .emacs:
(add-hook 'tex-mode-hook (lambda ()
    (make-face 'yellow)
    (set-face-background 'yellow "yellow")))

Hope that helps