RE: text properties in tex mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: text properties in tex mode
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 10:53:27 -0700

>  > Another solution would be to use overlays instead of
>  > faces for region highlighting. That's what use the
>  > highlight-regexp command;
>  > this command highlight words matching a regexp. I think
>  > there is an extension called highlight.el, by Drew Adams,
>  > which provides easy access to overlays.
>  > Have a look at the wiki
>  > http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/HighLight
>
> I have looked at this, but it seems too complicated to me.
> Maybe because I don't know enough about Emacs.  I would
> prefer to use the already-existing Edit -> Text Properties
> menu, unless it is not possible.

You can use Text Properties to do a lot. If you load library `facemenu+.el',
then you can use the Text Properties menu to do a lot more.

If you use both `facemenu+.el' and `highlight.el', then the features of
`highlight.el' are available from the Text Properties menu, submenu Highlight.

See http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/FaceMenuPlus.