Re: Disable bold fonts?

From: Chetan
Subject: Re: Disable bold fonts?
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 05:22:42 -0700

Taylor Venable <taylor@metasyntax.net> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 12:21:58PM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>> Am 02.10.2008 um 04:46 schrieb Taylor Venable:
>>> Some X fonts (for example, the smaller -misc-fixed ones) look ugly to
>>> me in bold
>>
>> Is it so impossible to use other fonts?
>
> No, but I like using this one because it's fast and gives a lot of
> screen space on the relatively small laptop that it's running on.
>
> I take it that it's never come up before to want to turn off bold
> fonts?  It doesn't seem such a strange request to me.

I use color themes package. I would not change my font just so I can
get bold that looks nice to me. I created another theme to remove bold
attribute whereever it was bothering me in my regular usage. There are
still some faces with bold lurking in them, but as long as it does not
bother me I don't care.

Chetan