Re: Emacs Shell Ansi Colors

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: Emacs Shell Ansi Colors
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:37:54 +0200

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:48:53 +0200, "Lorenzo Isella" <lorenzo.isella@gmail.com>
said:
Lorenzo> So it looks like there could be a problem with the TERM
Lorenzo> environment variable (but do not ask me what this stands
Lorenzo> for). I suppose (hope?) this is a one-liner for somebody
Lorenzo> really knowledgeable about emacs. Kind Regards

Yes, probably. Just read your ~/.bashrc and /etc/profile. Both files
are source'd when your shell starts. I suspect something like an alias
from 'ls' to 'ls --color' to be set in a conditionnal switch. If your
term is dumb (env | grep TERM), the alias is not made. Just ensure by
the mean you want that this alias occurs even in emacs shell mode.

--
  Paul