Re: Copy Paste in no-x11 mode (emacs -nw)

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Copy Paste in no-x11 mode (emacs -nw)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:52:34 -0600

Charles Sebold wrote:
On 26 Sep 2008, Jonathan Groll wrote:

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 03:26:19PM +0300, Simeon Nifos wrote:
(snip)
I highlight text with the mouse and then press the middle mouse
button in vim where I want to paste it and it does it without
destroying the format. I had to do some searching for corresponding
configuration of the VIM .vimrc, and also use VIM compiled with
clipboard enabled.
Not sure what you mean by destroying format, but I can paste into
emacs -nw with no problems by using a middle-click (kubuntu 8.04,
still KDE 3.5, also in emacs -nw under an OS X terminal.app shell).

Maybe the key is in the "where I want to paste it" part?  When I do
this, it inserts at cursor, not necessarily where I mouse-2'd.

That's because the terminal doesn't know where the mouse is.  I don't
understand how it possibly could, but the xt-mouse library apparently
does exactly that -- try it out, it's included with Emacs.

Also, `C-h v mouse-yank-at-point'.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA