Compiling org-mode for NT Emacs

From: paul.mead
Subject: Compiling org-mode for NT Emacs
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 04:50:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I'm trying to use a later version of org-mode than the one that
comes with NT Emacs (because that version doesn't support columns)

I thought I'd be able to use the cygwin tools to compile this, but the
makefile is naturally configured for use on a *nix machine rather than
windows. I guess I'm probably going to need to use a compiler native
to windows.

Has anyone done this before? Could anyone provide or point to any
howto's on doing this?

Also, I'm unlikely to be able to compile directly on the machine in
question (work machine - loading a compiler might incur the wrath of
the usage policy) - is it possible to compile on another windows
machine and copy the files?

Currently I'm running the new version interpreted and it's pretty
slow...

Cheers
Paul