Indentation in new major mode

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Indentation in new major mode
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:22:28 +0100

Hello,

In creating a new major mode the define-generic-mode seemed to work
quite well, with the exception that it doesn't allow me to say: hey,
these keywords adds 1 indentation step and these remove 1. So I guess I
need to use derived-mode stuff.

By doing so I have much more flexibility but now I am lacking the emacs
lisp knowledge on how to do syntax directed indentation. In this case I
really just want for some keywords to add 1 or 2 indentation steps and
some keywords to remove 1 or 2 indentation steps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe even provide a simple
mode I can look into that does this kind of stuff?

Thanks,

Paulo Matos