Re: How to simulate pressing a key

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: How to simulate pressing a key
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:59:10 +0200

netawater <netstandin-003@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> I do not want to interactive call a function but call it like pressing
> a key.

I think you do, you just don't know it yet. :)

You want to do something like thas

(defun do-what-backspace-does ()
  (interactive)
  (call-interactively (key-binding "\C-?")))

> my aim is to binding a funtion to tab key in every mode: if cursor is at
> the end of word then call M-TAB's function, else call TAB's function.

This, however, might not work.  Because if you bind your function to
tab, you might be unable to retrieve the original binding.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher