Ispell or alternative under OpenSolaris

From: Rthoreau
Subject: Ispell or alternative under OpenSolaris
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:24:58 -0700 (PDT)

Dear: Fellow Emacs users;

I am in need of your help and have come up blank, I am trying to get
Ispell or any spell checker to work under OpenSolaris, I have emacs
installed but am unable to get spell checking to work.  I am unsure
how to use the local native OpenSolaris libraries to tie in with
emacs.  I have even installed the package ispell for OpenSolaris and
it still does not register with emacs.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/InteractiveSpell

When I search the emacs wiki, I find only options to set emacs to use
hunspell, or aspell, and the setq parameters, but since I am new to
all this I wonder if someone has had experience with this under
OpenSolaris.