Re: On Edit GNU Emacs 22.2.1 Eats My Blank Characters At The End Of Line

From: Charles Sebold
Subject: Re: On Edit GNU Emacs 22.2.1 Eats My Blank Characters At The End Of Lines
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:41:20 -0500

On 11 Sep 2008, ChristopherL wrote:

> I get the same exact behavior. All the blanks go away when I overwrite
> one character and save the file!

This is fascinating.

Is this true of any file, or just particular files?  Can you try this
with a plain text file and tell us if it happens or not?  Or attach a
file on which you see this behavior?

If it's not plain text that you're dealing with, what mode are you
editing the files in?  Is this, for example, C source code, or something
like that?

I'd be interested in the output of:

M-x describe-mode RET

...if you could send that along on one of these files.

If you see this on plain text files, I'm stumped, because I don't, -Q or
not.  I'd be inclined to blame something else on your computer at that
point, and I admit that that's a stretch.
--
Charles Sebold                                    11th of September, 2008