Re: Can we add a function which is used to returned immediately within a

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Can we add a function which is used to returned immediately within an source file for lib?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:04:37 -0600

Yiyi Hu wrote:
Can we add a function or extend (return t) to skip loading the rest of
source please?

Eg, my ~/.emacs

(defun byte-compile-file-if-newer (src)
 (let ((result (concat src ".elc")))
   (when (file-newer-than-file-p src result)
     (byte-compile-file src)
     (load-file result))))

(byte-compile-file-if-newer "~/.emacs")

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(auto-compression-mode t)
 '(column-number-mode t)
 '(cperl-indent-level 4)
 '(delete-selection-mode t)
 '(display-battery-mode t)
 '(display-time-24hr-format t)
 '(display-time-day-and-date t)
 '(display-time-mode t)
 '(encoded-kbd-mode t)
 '(gnus-nntp-server "news.readfreenews.net")
 '(indent-tabs-mode nil)
 '(inferior-lisp-program "sbcl")
 '(inhibit-eol-conversion t)
 '(inhibit-startup-screen t)
 '(initial-scratch-message nil)
 '(menu-bar-mode nil)
 '(mouse-avoidance-mode (quote exile) nil (avoid)))

For now, there is now way to support skip the rest of ~/.emacs after
(byte-compile-file-if-newer "~/.emacs").

Yes, it might be convenient if the load function established a tag that
you could throw to, or if some higher level interface to load did so
e.g. the inner lambda form in command-line (startup.el).

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA