Re: "push" creating circular objects

From: Charles Sebold
Subject: Re: "push" creating circular objects
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:07:03 -0500

On 20 Aug 2008, Charles Sebold wrote:

> I just changed it from push to append, with no change in behavior:

Now I tried something even more radical, a completely different approach
to the problem, just to see what happens.

(defun Textile-list-context (textile-list-tag)
  "Return list of HTML tags corresponding to list context (ol, ul)."
  (let ((my-list (delete " " (delete "" (split-string textile-list-tag "")))))
    (mapcar (lambda (x)
              (cond
               ((string= x "#")
                "ol")
               ((string= x "*")
                "ul")
               (t
                nil))) my-list)))

_It still returns a circular list._

And it still does the right thing, when I call it from a scratch buffer.

Clearly there is something deep about lists that I don't get right now.
--
Charles Sebold                                      20th of August, 2008