Emacs po-mode

From: mihkel
Subject: Emacs po-mode
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:03:08 +0300

Hey,

I hope there are some emacs users who occasionally do translating too. Anyway I have some misunderstanding with emacs po-mode.

In emacs when I translate the following string, it puts it all into one line:
Code:

msgid ""
"If enabled, closing Sonata will minimize it to the system tray. Note that "
"it's currently impossible to detect if there actually is a system tray, so "
"only check this if you have one."
msgstr ""
"Kui lubatud, Sonata minimeerib end süsteemsesse salve. Kahjuks hetkel on võimatu tuvastada, kas süsteemne salv on ka olemas, niiet luba ainult siis, kui tead, et su töölaual on salv."

When I manually add new lines (to same places where they are in msgid), I get:
Code:

msgid ""
"If enabled, closing Sonata will minimize it to the system tray. Note that "
"it's currently impossible to detect if there actually is a system tray, so "
"only check this if you have one."
msgstr ""
"Kui lubatud, Sonata minimeerib end süsteemsesse salve. Kahjuks hetkel on\n"
"võimatu tuvastada, kas süsteemne salv on ka olemas, niiet luba ainult siis,\n"
"kui tead, et su töölaual on salv."

Notice those "\n"
But I need:
Code:

msgid ""
"If enabled, closing Sonata will minimize it to the system tray. Note that "
"it's currently impossible to detect if there actually is a system tray, so "
"only check this if you have one."
msgstr ""
"Kui lubatud, Sonata minimeerib end süsteemsesse salve. Kahjuks hetkel on "
"võimatu tuvastada, kas süsteemne salv on ka olemas, niiet luba ainult siis,"
"kui tead, et su töölaual on salv."

My .emacs file http://pastebin.ca/1166663
Thanks in advance.
Debian Lenny and emacs-snatshot Version: 1:20080808-1

mihkel (second day using emacs)

PS! Since I'm not subscribed to this list, please cc to turakas at gmail dot com