Re: Learning LISP; Scheme vs elisp.

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: Learning LISP; Scheme vs elisp.
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 22:31:02 -0400

>>>>> "dak" == David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

    dak> That's actually not the same because apply then gets a quoted
    dak> symbol rather than a dereferenced function cell.  The
    dak> equivalent would be (apply (symbol-function '+) '(1 2 3 4))

Perhaps it was a poor example for presentation; I've never actually used
that sort of call in Emacs Lisp, as I mainly code in Scheme these days.
My point was about the single namespace in Scheme, whereas in other
Lisps there are multiple namespaces, to explain the differences between
define and defun, defmacro, defvar, etc.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
(303) 880-3109