Re: "ange-ftp" with a space in filename

From: shoichi takasaki
Subject: Re: "ange-ftp" with a space in filename
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:37:50 +0000

> Please try the appended patch. It was submitted towards Emacs 23, and
> it shall fix the problem in your Emacs version as well.

This patch didn't work for my emacs. After applying this patch, I cannot even access to the FTP site that I was testing on. The following is the error I get when I try to open an FTP connection:

cd /cygwin/cygwin/cygwin/
550 /cygwin/cygwin/cygwin: No such file or directory.

I appreciate if you have any input on this. As you can see, I have cygwin installed on my machine. That is why the root folder is "cygwin". I don't have three /cygwin folders though.

> Sorry, it DOES modify the code. But I don't know another way to solve it.

Don't be. I meant to say for me personally to modify code as I thought this is a common issue. I thought there must be a patch.

Regards,
Shoichi