Re: gdb with tramp problem

From: Joe Bloggs
Subject: Re: gdb with tramp problem
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:52:50 +0100

> Joe Bloggs <who@cares.invalid> writes:
>
>> locate-library gives "~/.emacs.d/tramp"
>
> Oops, that is just the persistency file, and not the code. I would
> expect the location of tramp.el as answer.
>
> Anyway, I believe you have installed Tramp with Emacs 21 being
> active. That's why tramp-gw.el hasn't been installed. And now it is
> missing in Emacs 22.
>
> You might fix it when you go to the directory where you have untarred
> Tramp. Then try the following:
>
> make clean
> ./configure --with-emacs=emacs22
> make
> make install
>
> I assume, that "emacs22" runs Emacs 22 :-)
>
> Best regards, Michael.

I did as you said, and I now get the correct buffer for the remote source
interacting with gud. I can set breakpoints in the source buffer and the red
dot appears in the margin. However, there is no indication of the current
line of execution, even when I step (C-x C-a C-n) from within the source buffer.
Also I dont see any tooltips after setting gud-tooltip-mode (I have checked
gud-tooltip-modes to ensure c-mode is included).