Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comm

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comment block?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:50:19 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:
I am thinking about a page on EmacsWiki that holds the information. This page could for example have entries like

   === Tabkey2.el 21=n 22=y 23=y ===
   elisp:tabkey2.el

   comment ... comment ...

ELPA could then fetch information from this page. And users could too.

The elisp pages on EmacsWiki could at the bottom have a link to this page.

A file-header field in each library file can give the same information. I use
this field, for example:

 ;; Compatibility: GNU Emacs 20.x, GNU Emacs 21.x, GNU Emacs 22.x

However, the field value is free-form at present. A conventional form would let
tools pick up the value.

An advantage is locality of reference and update: some developers are more
likely to update a file header field than a separate wiki page.

Yes, that might be good too, but it can't be used for packages.