Re: ergonomic keybindings in text mode

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: ergonomic keybindings in text mode
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:52:59 +0200

Markus Grunwald wrote:
Hello,

Recently, I read in this group about a more ergonomic keylayout for emacs:
http://xahlee.org/emacs/ergonomic_emacs_keybinding.html
Since I had Problems with my joints for a long time, I decided to try it.

You may want to read this too:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/StickyModifiers

and perhaps (if it fits you), the bottom of Alex page

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/AlexSchroeder

My experience is very similar to Alex. And I always use sticky modifiers.

But I have one slight problem: text-mode changes a lot of bindings that I
would like to have. text-mode-hook does not look suspicious:

text-mode-hook is a variable defined in `text-mode.el'.
Its value is ((lambda nil
   (auto-fill-mode 1)
   (abbrev-mode 1)
 text-mode-hook-identify)

What can I do about it ? The only thing that came to my mind is to re-bind
all keys in text-mode-hook but this does not seem elegant to me...

TIA,
Markus