WEB development with Emacs: HTTP GET and POST

From: Anton V. Belyaev
Subject: WEB development with Emacs: HTTP GET and POST
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I am looking for a way to make HTTP requests from Emacs and see the
response.

I've been doing WEB development for a while and found myself switching
constantly from Emacs to Firefox and back: write a piece of web
handler in Emacs - check with Firefox how it works.

This is quite reasonable when HTTP response is an HTML page.

But now I mostly work with JSON and XML - just text formats and
Firefox shows them as is. Emacs could do the same.

I guess there are many WEB developers among Emacs users. And someone
might have solved the problem already. What is the best recipe to do
this?

Thanks,
Anton.