Re: In buffer completion: tabkey2.el or hippie-expand and overlays

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: In buffer completion: tabkey2.el or hippie-expand and overlays
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 18:03:12 +0200

beaubert wrote:
Thanks for your answers !

joel: indeed dabbrev is a way to go but I prefer hippie-expand already looks for dabbrev in is completion candidate. I was looking for something with shows the choices with a menu below the cursor.

lennart: Thanks for those informations, it's clearer now ...so I can bind hippie-expand as the completion function of tabkey2.

Do you have a idea to have the choices shown a menu just under the cursor (see for example yasnippet)?

The choices for tabkey2 itself are few since it is only the available completion functions it handles. You can cycle through those with F8 and after Tab also Shift-Tab.

Anyway thank you very much for your answers!
Have a nice day

Francois