Re: File System Traversal Map/Collect

From: harven
Subject: Re: File System Traversal Map/Collect
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 10:20:39 -0700 (PDT)

On 1 juin, 01:03, Nordlöw <per.nord...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to construct a general file system traversal function
> which operates (map/collect) on each file using a function as
> argument. Such a function could be query-replace-regexp() specializing
> it to the functions found in findr.el.

M-x find-name-dired
then the M and Q command in the resulting Dired buffer allows to make
a query replacement on a
bunch of files. The command find-name-dired
makes use of the unix find command though, so
it is perhaps not so useful with respect to what
you want to achieve.

There is also an extension called icicles which
seems to be able to do what you want -- apply
a function to a bunch of files, without relying on
some unix find command. Have a look at the wiki.