Re: Tramp under Windoze: should "semicommercial" SSH2 work?

From: George McBane
Subject: Re: Tramp under Windoze: should "semicommercial" SSH2 work?
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 15:14:20 -0400

Michael Albinus wrote:
George McBane <mcbaneg@gvsu.removethis.edu> writes:

Should I be able to use the ssh2 program as an inline method in TRAMP?
The definition of tramp-methods indicates that there is a method
ssh2_old that uses ssh2 as its connection program.  So I put
in my .emacs
(setq tramp-default-method "ssh2_old")

But, when I try to edit a remote file, I don't succeed.
I do ^x^f /username@machine.domain:~/path/file
and get in the message line "tramp: waiting 60s for prompt from remote
shell", which never succeeds or times out.

There shall be a buffer *tramp/ssh2_old username@machine.domain*. Could
you, please, show its contents?

Once I have tried to connect, and received the "waiting 60s.." message,
Emacs is unresponsive.  I cannot switch to another buffer.  If I do ^G,
control returns, and the buffer you name is there.  But it's empty.

Thanks,
George.