Re: Listing directory failes

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Listing directory failes
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 17:59:38 +1000

"Paul Batt" <paul.batt@pbatt.ch> writes:

> I installed Emacs 22.1 for NSLU2/Unslung (an embedded Linux) and when I do
> Ctrl-X F I get the usural "Find file: ~/" and after pressing Ret "Listing
> directory failed but 'access-file' worked". Something seems to be missing,
> but what? I'm no expert; where should I look? Thanks a lot,
> Paul

By default, I think dired uses/relies on the 'ls' function of the
shell. This may not be available on an embedded system or it may be
providing output in a format not familiar to dired. Try switching to
using the emulation of ls in elisp - check the customize options for
dired and ls-lisp.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au