Re: Octave Help Mode?

From: Christian Herenz
Subject: Re: Octave Help Mode?
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:35:08 +0200

David Hansen schrieb:

I would contact the sysadmin at our university, but it seems that they
are playing a little bit the devils-advocate by promoting heavily
Matlab (they won't give me full points, cause I solve my exercises in
octave-code rather than with matlab (even pointing out the
differences)... really pi**** about this atm, but this NEEDS to be
discussed somewhere else (hints?))

If you don't have fascist disc quota:

./configure --prefix=$HOME && make && make install

David

That is a nice idea, but would not solve my problem that I was actually forced to hand in the results with matlab, otherwise I was told today by a professor my results would not be accepted. But I am working on this issue right now, cause my course is called "Computational Physics" not "Computational Physics with Matlab".

Greets,
Christian