Gopher client for emacs

From: Nuno J. Silva
Subject: Gopher client for emacs
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:42:37 +0100

Is there any gopher client for emacs?

Some googling takes me to w3 documentation on how gopher should be
handled, mentioning gopher.el.

But w3m doesn't seem to support gopher (and I wonder if w3m is related
to w3, they're both web browsers, despite that w3 seems to be xemacs
stuff), and gopher.el fails when trying to load a library called
"background" - I don't know if this is PEBKAC or is the file too old,
needing some changes to work with this version of emacs (22) - if it's
too old, where should I look for a gopher client?

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
LEIC student at Instituto Superior Técnico

-=-=-
On the box it said it was designed for Win XP or better, so why won't it
work with Linux?