Re: Outdate session.el?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Outdate session.el?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 02:00:14 +0100

   > What feature(s) need to be added to desktop.el ?

   It's very nice that the node in *info* buffer is kept! I can continue
   reading weeks later ...

Indeed, it must be really cool. Here I only use desktop.el with
this setup:

(require 'recentf)
(setq desktop-dirname (expand-file-name "~/")
      desktop-save t
      desktop-globals-to-save
      '((extended-command-history . 50)
        (file-name-history        . 50)
        (grep-history             . 50)
        (minibuffer-history       . 50)
        (query-replace-history    . 50)
        (read-expression-history  . 50)
        (regexp-history           . 50)
        (search-ring              . 50)
        (shell-command-history    . 50))
      recentf-max-saved-items 50)

(add-to-list 'desktop-modes-not-to-save 'rmail-mode)
(add-to-list 'desktop-modes-not-to-save 'Info-mode)

and it does almost all I need (or I feel it does :)). When
starting with a new and fresh emacs session, I am back with all
my buffers/files/whatever. Also note that I explicitly ask
desktop not to save the Info-mode buffers (but I can't remember
why I asked for this :)). If I remove the Info-mode from the not
to save list, I get my info-mode nodes back when (re)starting my
emacs. So, session.el won't help here.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org