Re: gnus as mail agent - sort question

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: gnus as mail agent - sort question
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:18:08 +0100

On Fri, Mar 21 2008, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>>On Fri, Mar 21 2008, Michal wrote:
>>> I have thread view in my gnus summary.
>>>
>>> How to tell gnus to put whole thread to the bottom of summary buffer
>>> when new message arrives and it matches some thread.
[...]
> I am not 100% sure either, but I think Michal means that he wants all
> threads to be pushed down to the bottom of the thread list when they get
> new `unseen' messages added to their tree view.
[... examples elided ...]

Michal, try `gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number' (or
`gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date'), see (info "(gnus)Sorting the
Summary Buffer"):

(setq gnus-thread-sort-functions
      '((not gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number)))

Or via customize:

,----[ M-x customize-variable RET gnus-thread-sort-functions RET ]
| gnus-thread-sort-functions: [Hide Value]
| [INS] [DEL] Choice: [Value Menu] gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number
|             Sort threads such that the thread with the most recently
|             arrived article comes first.
|             Reverse order: [Toggle]  on (non-nil)
`----

Bye, Reiner.