Re: Dired hd drives list

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Dired hd drives list
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:01:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 21, 1:31 pm, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > From: "Drew Adams" <drew.ad...@oracle.com>
> > Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:49:50 -0700
>
> > It's what we have in Windows Explorer when My Computer is selected in the
> > folder tree.
>
> I have no objection to adding a special ``My Computer''
> pseudo-directory in Dired, where all the filesystems would be shown.
> But the OP wanted that as part of every directory, or at least that's
> what I thought he wanted.

This is very essential thing. If I have printer, camera and usb
attached to my comp and if I want to copy (or save) file to USB flash
drive I must go to win eplorer and open My Computer directory to see
which drive is my USB flash and then go back to Emacs and type that
letter in the path...Silly, isn't it?