Re: auto incremental columns in table of org-mode?

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: Re: auto incremental columns in table of org-mode?
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:04:08 +0100

Hi poppyer!

> Hi, guys,
>

> I am using orgtbl-mode minor mode, basically as following:
>
> | k |   n | f(n,k) |
> |---+-----+--------|
> | 1 | 100 |        |
> | 2 |     |        |
> | 3 |     |        |
> |   |     |        |
> |   |     |        |
> |   |     |        |

> My question is how can I fill the k column when I add rows?

I would do it via cua rectangles:

C-RET               : start a rectangle
down, down,...      : extend the rectangle selection
M-n                 : run cua-sequence-rectangle
4 RET               : start with 4
RET                 : increment by 1 (default)
RET                 : use default format (%d)

done :-)

Stefan.