Re: For nonprogrammers maybe dyslexic, maybe ADD, how can spamassassin h

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: For nonprogrammers maybe dyslexic, maybe ADD, how can spamassassin headers be filtered so that all or most of the spam messages, rather than mixed in with email, all or most go to a separate email file that can be checked for any false positives?
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:37:55 +0000

Don Saklad <dsaklad@gnu.org> writes:

> For nonprogrammers maybe dyslexic, or maybe ADD, how can spamassassin
> headers be filtered so that all or most of the spam messages, rather
> than mixed in with email, all or most go to a separate email file that
> can be checked for any false positives?... RMAIL in EMACS
> and from time to time mutt are used for email

This list is about Emacs and I don't know mutt.

For storing Rmail message in a folder, look at
`rmail-automatic-folder-directives'.

C-h v rmail-automatic-folder-directives REG

For using spam filters with Rmail, put this in your configuration:

(require 'rmail-spam-filter)
(setq rmail-use-spam-filter t)

Then you need to set `rsf-definitions-alist':

M-x customize-variable RET rsf-definitions-alist RET

Edit it to deal with spamassassin headers.

PS: when asking such questions it is a good idea to show what you
tried and what was the problem.  Otherwise people might think you
didn't even try (which I don't think.)

--
Bastien