Re: Gnus and Gmail

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: Re: Gnus and Gmail
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:24:05 +0100

Hello,
And thanks for your answer.
>> But I do not see in Gnus the same folders (inbox, sent, etc...) I have
>> on gmail, though I am using Imap.
>>
> Add this to ~/.gnus:
> (setq gnus-invalid-group-regexp "[:`'\"]\\|^$")

I tried that, but unfortunately I saw no improvement. (I added that line
to my previous gnus.el file.
At least, "U" does not show any sent folder and I am not sure I
understood the S s command.

>> The other trouble is that when I try sending emails
>>
> This document may help you:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusGmail
>
> I send my mail over msmtp, msmtp with gmail configuration:
>  account gmail
>  host smtp.gmail.com
>  port 587
>  from user@gmail.com
>  auth on
>  tls on
>  tls_certcheck off
>  user user@gmail.com
>  password secret

Here I need a bit of help. I installed msmtp, but I do not know yet how
to use/configure it. Furthermore (apologies, but I am a newbie), what is
the gnus-init file? Is it another name for gnus.el? If not where should
I find/create it?
I wonder it the following would be easier: could somone who is using
gnus+gmail on Debian post me his configuration files?
At this point, imap or pop does not matter, as long as the mails also
stay on the web and I can read them via gnus.
Cheers

Lorenzo