Re: Does pclcvs support ssh protocol ?

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Re: Does pclcvs support ssh protocol ?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:02:58 +0100 (CET)

From: Michael Hoffman <b3i4old02@sneakemail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:38:17 +0000

> Pierre Lorenzon wrote:
>
> > I am very surprised that none seems to have an answer to this
> > so simple question : "does pclcvs support ssh protocol ?" Using
> > cvs client side, if you set the environment variable CVS_RSH to
> > ssh, cvs will use ssh to communicate with the server. Does
> > pclcvs support this feature ?
>
> It's just a front-end to CVS, so it doesn't affect whether your local
> CVS installation supports ssh or not.

  Not exactly ! Since ssh transaction requires an interactive
  sequence during which password is required and send ! Hence
  if such a dialog is not allowed by pclcvs is wouldn't work !
  That exactly what append : when I issue # cvs up in the
  consol ssh password is required but when I try to use pclcvs
  instead NOTHING is required AT ANYTIME !!! and *cvs* buffer
  contains :

Repository : :ext:root@jabberwocky:/web/srv/sources/cvs
Module     : lorenzon/Mathematique
Working dir: ~/Mathematique/

Message: cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)
Message: Connection closed by 192.168.0.5

-- last cmd: cvs -f -n update -d -P --

I issued PRECISELY the same command as above in the consol and
it WORKS PERFECTLY !!!

Pierre