Re: How to make moccur results to be inside the bottom window?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: How to make moccur results to be inside the bottom window?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:31:10 +0100

> It seems that you did not try color-moccur library. As I think, moccur
> acts approximately so: searches buffers -> displays results in the
> _current_ window -> binds up/down keys to the "go to prev/next
> occurence" -> in the "go to", calls (switch-to-buffer-other-window
> found-buffer) + (goto-line found-line) so _found buffers_ are
> displayed inside the bottom window but I want them inside the top

I didn't try it because it doesn't compile correctly here.  But I
suppose your analysis is correct.  The problem seems with the
`pop-to-buffer' calls (I found three of them) since they open a window
below the window showing the list of matches.  You can try to replace
two of these calls - namely those appearing as

          (pop-to-buffer moccur-mocur-buffer)

with

          (let ((window (selected-window)))
            (select-window (split-window))
            (set-window-buffer window moccur-mocur-buffer))

Note: The `select-window' is here to select the window listing the
matches - I suppose that's how moccur operates.  Without warranty!