Re: problem with toolbar commands

From: coskun
Subject: Re: problem with toolbar commands
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:37:58 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 14, 12:53 am, Ralf Angeli <dev.n...@caeruleus.net> wrote:
> * coskun (2008-02-14) writes:
> > Emacs+AucTeX and MiKTeX work fine separately, but when I try to use
> > toolbar commands LaTeX, view, pdfLaTeX, etc. I get the following
> > message.
>
> > Running `LaTeX' on `test' with ``latex \nonstopmode\input{test.tex}''
>
> > However, compilation never gets completed, no output is generated.
>
> Does the latex command work if you use it in a Windows prompt?
>
> --
> Ralf

Yes it does. It works fine if I latex the file in a Windows prompt.
All other commands such as yap, etc. also work in a prompt. However,
they don't work if I call these commands from the menu bar in Emacs
22. Emacs freezes every time I try it. (AuCTeX is also working without
problems.)

I suspected the problem is about path names and Vista. I added c:
\Program Files\Emacs\bin and c:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\miktex\bin to
the value of Path variable, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Best,
Coskun